- Live At The Sunset Saturday Night
Rehearsing in West Seattle. Photo by Eric.
The Green Pajamas will perform this Saturday, March 8th, at a KEXP benefit for Nick of Time Foundation which is dedicated to educating schools, athletes, families and communities about Sudden Cardiac Arrest. The Pajamas will open the show at 9 o'clock followed by the bands, Campfire OK and Tango Alpha Tango at Ballard's Sunset Tavern.
- AMG Reviews NOVEMBER
- In 1988, Jeff Kelly of the Green Pajamas had a stack of songs -- many older, some new and fragmentary -- he wanted to commit to tape before the band moved on to their next album, and he had the idea of playing a show where the group could run through the tunes in question, record the gig, and release the results as a cassette... [Read More...]
- Most Listened to Records of 2013
Just for fun, here is a list of the Green Pajamas' most listened to records of 2013. Another eclectic, unpredictable mix...
Boards of Canada: Tomorrow's Harvest
Bat For Lashes: The Haunted Man
Caleb Burhans: Evensong
Wavves: Afraid of Heights
La Luz: It's Alive
A Great Big World
Arcade Fire: Reflektor
"In 2013 Jasmine Records released a double CD containing all of Jimmy
Reed's singles for Vee Jay Records from 1953-1961. Nice liner notes, great
songs (25 singles, As & Bs) and you can really hear his influence on early
60s British blues and Dylan."
"Someone that I discovered this year, although it's not new (he died in
2009) is Vic Chessnutt. Particularly this album, Dark Developments, which
is a collaboration with Elf Power from 2008."Jeff -
Yasmine Hamdan: Ya Nass
Syd Arthur: On An ON
George Jones: 50 Years of Hits
Caravan: The World Is Yours: Anthology 1968-1976
Emmylou Harris: Red Dirt Girl
Lorde: Pure Heroine
Natalia Kills: Trouble
Tame Impala: Inner Speaker
Mothers of Invention: Whole 1960’s catalogue!
- This Winter's Night on Bandcamp
The first Green Pajamas Christmas song, This Winter's Night, is now available on Bandcamp. It was recorded in December 1984 in Joe Ross' bedroom with Joe, Jeff, Karl Wilhelm and a bunch of friends with two mics and a stereo cassette deck. Joe and Jeff later did some overdubs of bells and percussion on Jeff's 4-track reel to reel. Recorded before the PJs went to Green Monkey to record "Kim," the now famous waitress also gets a mention in this earlier release. You can listen/buy it here: This Winter's Night
- NOVEMBER: Terrascope Review
- "This has got to be the strangest release in the PJs 30-year, 30-album discography. Back in 1987, Jeff Kelly came up with the idea of recording a live performance as a way of capturing the energy of a live gig for their fans and to preserve for posterity some old songs they never recorded along with some of the newer tracks they didnâ€™t plan on recording any time soon..."
- Live On KEXP!
Joe and Jeff at Slim's Last Chance, 10/5/13: older and not wiser.
The Green Pajamas will be interviewed and perform live on KEXP radio on Saturday, December 28th with host, DJ Sharlese Metcalf. The time is 8:30 in the evening. Tune in!