|3||My Mad Kitty|
|4||Another One Of Those Nights|
|5||I Feel That Way All The Time|
|6||Lost In A World|
|8||I Feel Like A Murder|
|9||The Way I Feel About You|
|10||Dance With The Angels|
|11||In This Castle|
|12||With A Flower In Her Hair|
|14||Summer Of Lust Commercial|
|15||The Dreams Inside A Butterfly's Mind|
Produced by Jeff Kelly & Joe Ross
Recorded/mixed in June & July 1984
JEFF KELLY: guitars, vocals, drums, bass, organ, percussion, melodica, mandolin, clavichord
JOE ROSS: bass, vocals, guitar, percussion, zither, bagpipe chanter, snare drum, banjo
KARL WILHELM: drums on tracks 12 &13 JOE BAUER: drums on tracks 1, 4 & 11
Thanks to everyone who sang at the Pajama Party: Melody, Colleen, Sheila and the rest of the gang.
“I Feel Like A Murder” was recorded in a field featuring Julie on waste basket.
CD mastering: Tom Dyer March 2012
Front cover photo: Kari Dunn.
Back photos: Kirsten Wilhelm
Inside photos: Jeff & Joe
Design: Joe Ross
All songs © 1984 HALF THE WORLD PUBLISHING
- S.O.L on Active Listener's Best Reissues list
- The Active Listener
- The first official CD release for this previously cassette only album from 1985, this is full of ramshackle lo-fi charm... [Read More...]
- Terrascope Reviews Summer Of Lust / Gondal
- The Ptolemaic Terrascope
- Here it is – the release that started it all, rescued and remastered from the original cassette master. One spring evening in 1984, Jeff Kelly and Joe Ross retired to Joe’s parents’ house, set up a single mic, turned on Jeff’s 4-track reel-to-reel TEAC, and laid down the initial tracks of what would soon become their debut album... [Read More...]
- Blurt reviews "Summer Of Lust"
- In 1984, inspired by both a fractured romance and a particularly fertile jam session, songwriters Jeff Kelly and Joe Ross self-released the first Green Pajamas album Summer of Lust on cassette, now given its definitive release on Green Monkey... [Read More...]
- Summer of Lust
- Green Pajamas out of Seattle are one of the great, if largely ignored, pysch-pop band (think Rubber Soul/Revolver) and at last they have got around to releasing . . . their debut album? [Read More...]
- Review: The Green Pajamas’ “Summer Of Lust"
- This Is Book's Music
- Originally released in 1984 as a cassette-only album, The Green Pajamas‘ Summer Of Lust received some positive reviews in its day, and 28 years after its release, it holds up incredibly well, if not more than it did way back when... [Read More...]
- Rock and Reprise reviews Summer Of Lust
- Rock and Reprise
- I have no idea who Mike Brown is or was, but how cool would it be to have had a song written about you? The Green Pajamas, in their amoeba phase, did just that--- wrote a song about a Mike Brown. Or maybe not. Maybe Jeff Kelly just liked the name and the way it sounded, but what the hell? It would still be cool. I can envision in my head 25 or 30 Mike Browns walking around Seattle back in 1984 claiming that that song was, indeed, written about them. Even the uncool ones no one wanted to be like. Immortality can be a hopeful thing... [Read More...]